Translating your vision: Case Study – Headmasters
The aim of the salon design was to create the perfect blend of style, comfort and functionality, at a cost that would not be prohibitive to profitability. Our main design objectives were to provide:
- Functionality and practicalityA durable, spacious and practical salon within which the stylists can work with ease, and business opportunities can be maximised.
- ImpactAttracting new clients and repeat business with an enticing and instantly recognisable presence on the High Street, promoting the Headmasters’ brand and outshining the competition.
- Style and ambienceA contemporary, luxurious and comfortable salon, ensuring the client experiences the perfect combination of relaxation, rejuvenation and luxury.
- Disabled and pushchair accessThe salon design must comfortably welcome disabled clients and also those with pushchairs.
The Design: Key Features
- SimplicityThe design ensures the contemporary feel of the salon is preserved over the years. Only the highest quality timeless materials and finishes have used throughout.
- Spa Style BackwashOpulent, leather, lie-down beds were selected for ultimate comfort. Chain mail curtains between the basins help create a sense of intimacy and privacy for the client, whilst dimmer switches and soft lighting create a soothing, calming environment in which clients will want to linger, helping to boost sales of additional treatments whilst at the backwash.
- Workspaces and layoutThe styling units are cleverly positioned within the salon layout, creating both a spacious yet bustling environment. Designated areas have been created for principal salon activities - separate areas for the laundry, office, kitchen and dispensary increase efficiency and keep messy tasks hidden from client view.
- DurabilityThe salon furniture is the perfect balance of practicality and style – contemporary, comfortable, yet resistant to stains from peroxide and tints. Damage to paintwork has been limited by toughened glass kick plates preventing damage to walls from trolleys and cutting stools. Lengthened sandblasted mirrors incorporating a foot rest allow easy cleaning of mucky footprints from the mirror.
- High-imapct Shop FrontA contemporary and stylish sign that immediately represents the brand and has maximum curb appeal, illuminated at night to give maximum impact to passers by.
In conjunction with Headmasters, every aspect of the salon design was painstakingly thought out, ensuring the creation of a distinctive, functional and luxurious salon, helping Headmasters to build a trusted and recognisable brand.